FT On-Air Director
KSTU-Fox 13Salt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 11/21/2016 11:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for FT On-Air Director jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all FT On-Air Director postings
Full Time Job
KSTU Fox 13 Television has an immediate opening for a full-time ON-AIR DIRECTOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR. Hours and work schedules vary Monday-Sunday.
POSITION SUMMARY: Work with producers to outline and execute the technical operation of newscasts ensuring on-air quality, proper pacing and coordination of all technical elements. Technical Director is responsible for switching newscasts, integrating graphics, video and digital effects using Ross Overdrive. Experience building switcher custom controls and Overdrive templates a plus.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience as a director/technical director of newscasts in a small or medium market; applicants must also have previous experience as a video photographer/editor in commercial production and/or news environment
• Demonstrated aptitude for operating broadcasting equipment (i.e., Ross Vision Switcher w/ Overdrive, camera robotics, waveform monitors, studio cameras, jib and teleprompter for newscasts.)
• Demonstrated ability to organize a well-paced, daily newscast under the direction of management
• Demonstrated ability to consistently use good judgement and decision-making skills
• Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person with co-workers and the public while working under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Proven record of dependability, ability to consistently meet deadlines, and ability to work a variety of schedules to meet company needs
• Prefer applicants with experience writing, shooting and producing daily news topical promotional spots
PPLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: www.tribunemediacareers.com and enter job# 2016-44781 under keyword search.
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.