Part Time Job
Do you wake up every morning with a thirst to know what breaking news you missed overnight? Here's your opportunity to channel that passion to fuel one of the most unique and dynamic newscasts in the country. CW39/KIAH Houston, has an immediate opening for a part-time assignment editor/content coordinator to work during our early morning news program, Eye Opener (weekdays 4a-10a).
• We are looking for an aggressive, independent and creative candidate who can work in fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Responsibilities include managing all aspects of daily news coverage, assigning and tracking news crews, monitoring police scanners, online resources, developing sources in law enforcement and local government as well as generating story ideas.
• This position also contributes material to cw39.com and helps to maintain all digital and social media platforms.
• This position could also include flexible hours, including weekends and night time.
• Knowledge of the Houston metro area is a must.
• If you're ready for the next big challenge, we want to talk with you.