Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Assignment Editor jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Assignment Editor postings
Full Time Job
Overview: KIAH CW 39 has an immediate opening for a full-time assignment editor/content coordinator. We are an unconventional and groundbreaking newscast, and we're looking for an aggressive, independent and creative candidate who can work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Responsibilities include managing all aspects of daily news coverage, assigning and tracking news crews, monitoring breaking news and online resources, developing sources in law enforcement and local government as well as generating story ideas.
• Additional responsibilities include gathering news content for producers, editors, photographers, and managing editors, while working closely with other newsroom management.
• In addition to desk duties, the editor will assist with publishing content on CW39.com.
• The ideal candidate must be able to learn new technology independently and quickly, and be proficient with the following digital (or similar) tools, including MS Office, WordPress, mobile push notifications, SMS texting, video publishing, AP style, Photoshop and basic HTML knowledge is a plus.
• Prior television assignment desk exposure is a requisite, along with a strong and accurate writing resume.
• Knowledge of the Houston metro area is a must.
• Hours will include a flexible schedule during weekdays, with the possibility of weekend availability if needed.