KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Working under the direction of the Director of Digital, the Video Coordinator bears responsibility for the execution and maintenance of KCETLink's online video distribution, including kcet.org, linktv.org, and other platforms and channels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Reviews needs for streaming online video and makes sure content is available as needed on all platforms, within rights, with necessary captions.
• Coordinates among site project managers, content editors, project stakeholders, and station media creators/handlers to acquire, prepare, transcode, and optimize settings for online video delivery.
• Works to improve online video distribution workflows and technologies.
• Optimizes branding, curation, and operations within video distribution platforms.
• Communicates with video distribution platform vendors around questions, technology, and other needs.
• Contributes to the tracking of video views and other statistics.
• Explores and implements new technologies and distribution channels.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (OVERALL)
• Familiarity with video transcoding practices and trends.
• Familiarity with video editing and encoding software and formats.
• Demonstrated ability to use basic Photoshop skills to crop and improve images.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC)
• Two to three years of experience in web, multimedia, video preferred.
• Bachelor of Arts/Science in Video, Film, Multimedia, Communications or related fields, or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience with video encoding software and video content management systems.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online