KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Working under the direction of the VP, News and Public Affairs, the Researcher will assist with the production of a one-hour SoCal Connected special on homelessness. Working as part of a creative, collaborative, journalism team, the Researcher must be able to quickly gather and synthesize information, reports, and data dealing with homelessness. The Researcher will also assist with booking experts and finding homeless families and individuals for inclusion in the special. The Researcher will provide production support to the senior producer, segment producer, reporters and social media editor as needed.
SoCal Connected's mission is to produce a weekly source of substantive television and digital journalism covering issues, people, places and stories in a lively, interesting format that serves Southern California's diverse communities and informs KCET's audience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• assists with story development and gathering of information on homelessness
• assists with setting up field shoots and booking studio guests
• logs footage from the field during post-production
• finds and acquires outside footage as needed
• collaborates closely with reporters, digital media producers, editors and the Executive Producer to ensure high editorial standards and production values.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism and/or related discipline
• Excellent research skills and understanding of TV news production
• Knowledge of Southern California issues and culture
• Knowledge of web and social media
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
The researcher is as soon as possible. The job duration is four weeks.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online