Environmental Series Producer - Earth Focus
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Series Producer will develop and produce smart, original content for KCETLink's multiple distribution channels, on broadcast and digital platforms, with a heavy emphasis on unscripted format video, as well as studio production. The ideal candidate should be a digitally literate, socially savvy producer who has the ability to source ideas and execute high-quality stories.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Overseeing all staff and contractors who work on the ''Earth Focus'' series, providing daily supervision for segment producers, editors and editorial staff.
• Creating production budgets and monitoring expenses to stay within budgets.
• Identifying freelance staff to work on episode production.
• Developing a network of scientific advisors and environmental organizations to help with story development and to review work in progress as appropriate.
• Working closely with KCETLink development staff on fundraising for the series.
• Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to time lines, budgets, update meetings, etc.
• Maintaining constant awareness of environmental issues and keeping up to date on potential episode topics.
• Working closely with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals.
Other Activities as Requested
• Attends events as requested, including evenings and weekends
• Attends meetings, as requested
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
BA/BS in a related field. Current experience as a producer of programs on environmental issues, with credits on unscripted productions. Good writing and editing skills are important. 5 years experience in television management, particularly the production, pre-production and post-production of long form documentary, episodic series and/or digital programming is preferable.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
• The position is located in Burbank, with periodic travel to other locations.
• If driving, the successful candidate must have a valid drivers' license, access to a reliable car and sufficient car insurance to protect KCETLink
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online