Payroll Manager - Commissions/GL Experience
Jack Nadel InternationalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Payroll Specialist - Los Angeles
Jack Nadel International, a nationally renowned creative marketing, promotional products & merchandise solutions company is seeking a Sr. Payroll Specialist for our Headquarters located in Los Angeles (LAX area).
This person will work on a wide variety of projects in a fast paced environment. Candidate must have a high level of energy and professionalism, think critically, feel confident and comfortable handling multiple tasks, and not afraid to ask questions. This person must have excellent customer service skills, strong written/verbal skills, be extremely detail-oriented, and have a 'can do' attitude. We are looking for a person who is interested in building a future with a great company that is stable, reputable and just celebrated 64 years in business.
• Five to Eight years experience processing full cycle payroll for both exempt and non-exempt level employees.
• Two years processing and tracking commission payments for Sales Personnel.
• Intermediate/advanced level skills in Excel.
• Must be dependable, detail-oriented, and adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
• Possess superior communication, organizational and customer service skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor's degree preferred with emphasis on Finance, Accounting, or Business.
• Experience with Paycom payroll system a plus.
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Take ownership for the accuracy and compliance of our multi-state, exempt and non-exempt payrolls, including processing of all payrolls for commissioned sales staff.
• Possess the ability to calculate adjustments to pay and retroactive compensation, as well as process adjustments issued as off cycle checks.
• Process garnishments, wage levies and other court orders in a timely manner with a thorough understanding of legal requirements and obligations, as well as ensuring proper set up in the payroll system.
• Work with payroll provider (Paycom) on system issues, changes and updates as they relate to the payroll function.
• Ability to create ad-hoc reports from the payroll system.
• Respond to payroll related questions and maintain the strictest confidence and confidentiality pertaining to all payroll matters.
• Develop & document payroll reporting tools, best practices and processes.
• In the absence of the HR/Payroll Coordinator, ensure timesheet accuracy and run payrolls for all hourly and salaried staff, including review and corrections to timesheets.
• Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of submissions for 401K and matching contributions.
• Review commission report summaries for sales personnel insuring accuracy of transactions.
• Ensure standard and recurring commissions adjustments are kept up to date, research/resolve errors or discrepancies in payments, and make timely adjustments against commissions as needed.
• Perform payroll liability reconciliation and prepare payroll journal entries.
• Reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
• Oversee compliance reporting such as multi-worksite reports.
• Assist on special projects including routine and non-routine annual audits.
Competative Salary Benefits Package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401K with match, Flexible Spending, EAP, Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online