Intern - Social Media
Ironic Music Booking AgencySalisbury, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Promote Salisbury is a newly launched FB page with the overall goal of promoting local businesses and residents' events, profit and not-for-profit. Promote Salisbury was created by a group of Salisbury small business owners to fill a very apparent void, and assist Salisbury's businesses and residents get up to speed with their social media presence This is a virtual internship and can be performed from anywhere. The Promote Salisbury FB page is a 100% volunteer organization.
The Social Media Intern will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks within specified deadlines and take full responsibility for his/her projects. His/her foremost priorities, with no order of importance/priority, are as follows:
- Take responsibility for managing the Promote Salisbury Facebook (FB) page in a timely manner, as well as local businesses, events, etc. in order to increase the followers of the Promote Salisbury FB page;
- Assist in launching a Twitter page for Promote Salisbury, and in creating and managing tweets;
- Assist in launching an Instagram age for Promote Salisbury, and in creating and managing its posts, including pictures & captions;
- Utilize Hootsuite (or other similar program) to program timely posts, tweets, etc.
- Contact and sign up for various email lists of local businesses and not-for-profit - organizations to assist with the promotion of their businesses/FB pages;
- Other responsibilities may include: assist in creating a FB page for the soon to be - launched Salisbury TV program on Salisbury's local TV station SCTVMC -
Promote Salisbury is in no means restricted to requesting only the aforementioned duties of the Intern insomuch as they are directly related to the overall goals of Promote Salisbury in promoting the business and residents' activities in Salisbury, MA, for profit and not-for-profit organizations. -
All material drafted and written by the Intern will require approval from Promote Salisbury prior to being submitted and any/all emails sent on behalf of the Promote Salisbury FB Page will be sent from the Intern's assigned email with Linda M. Somma in CC, or BCC when deemed appropriate. -
S/he will report directly to Linda M. Somma and to any other party designated by Linda M. Somma in connection with the performance of the duties under this Agreement and shall fulfill any other duties reasonably requested by Promote Salisbury and agreed to by the Intern.
-Looking for someone who's very motivated, organized, self driven and proactive
-Excellent work ethic
-Interest in marketing, promotions, social media, and developing technologies
-Great familiarity with social networking sites
-Advanced experience with all Office programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to increase subscribers to the website/email list.
- Heavy internet research and social networking and possible database management.
- Ability to increase fans on Facebook and followers on Twitter.
All selected candidates will be required to sign a contract prior to beginning a collaboration.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online