Fall Intern - Communications & PR
Ironic Music Booking AgencyAmesbury, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Communications & PR Intern will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks within specified deadlines and take full responsibility for his/her projects. The ability to work independently, clarity in writing, and an active Skype account (with a webcam) are required for this internship. This is an unpaid, part-time, virtual internship and can be performed anywhere. His/her foremost priorities, not in any particular order, are as follows:
- Assist in the research, planning and implementation of PR campaigns;
- Intern will be responsible for Tweeting about Ironic's bands/musicians' gigs on Ironic's - Twitter page utilizing Hootsuite to schedule approx. 10 posts every day consisting of RT's, - upcoming gig info, music industry news, technology, quotes, etc., as approved by Client;
- Intern will be responsible for assisting in increasing Ironic's client's (Hideaway Pub) - followers on Twitter utilizing Hootsuite to schedule approx. 10 posts every day consisting of RT's, upcoming venue entertainment info, bar industry news, quotes, etc., as approved by Client;
- Assist in drafting/writing press releases, band promo sheets and marketing copy for e-mail blasts and websites, based on Client's standard format, as well as send out press releases to the appropriate press for Ironic's upcoming gigs (10-14 days prior to gig date);
- Post a brief description of gigs as booked by Client on-line, to a number of websites. List to be provided by Client. Intern may also be asked to assist in researching additional sites to promote Client's gigs and/or services.
- Research, generate and keep up to date a detailed database of radio station/press contacts, mainly in the areas where Client operates, with the goal of assisting in generating PR/radio play for the musicians/bands represented by Client, including contacting (phone & email) local radio stations around artists' gig dates to promote the gig;
- S/he will also be required to draft press releases, concert notifications, as well as fill-in online forms in order to generate buzz and get the Clients' musicians' gigs promoted in the most efficient, effective and timely manner possible;
- The Intern may also be required to research and generate new promo/PR ideas for the Client, re. the agency itself, as well as the bands/musicians represented by Client.
- S/he may also be involved in the writing of marketing copy for e-mail blasts and websites. -
The Client is in no means restricted to requesting only the aforementioned duties of the Intern insomuch as they are directly related to the overall goals of the Client in booking music talent North of Boston and in Southern NH to various venues, festivals, coffee houses, community events, private parties, etc. -
All material drafted and written by the Intern will require approval from the Client prior to being submitted and any/all emails sent on behalf of Linda Somma for Ironic Music Booking Agency LLC will be sent from the Intern's assigned (first name)@ironic.it email with Linda M. Somma in CC, or BCC when deemed appropriate. -
S/he will report directly to Linda M. Somma and to any other party designated by Linda M. Somma in connection with the performance of the duties and shall fulfill any other duties reasonably requested by the Client and agreed to by the Intern.
-Looking for someone who's very motivated, organized, self driven and proactive
-Excellent work ethic
-Interest in marketing, promotions, social media, and developing technologies
-Great familiarity with social networking sites
-Advanced experience with all Office programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to increase subscribers to the website/email list.
- Heavy internet research and social networking and possible database management.
- Ability to increase fans on Facebook and followers on Twitter.
All selected candidates will be required to sign a contract prior to beginning a collaboration.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online