Admin/Social Media Assistant
Ironic Music Booking AgencyAmesbury, MA
Part Time Job
Small local music booking agency looking for administrative/social media assistance. This is a part-time paid position - initially$12/hr - w/W9 & contract.
The office is located in Amesbury, MA so ideally you reside within 15 miles. There are flex hours but the majority of the work is required between 11am-5pm Monday-Friday. There is the possibility of doing some of the work from home but this is mainly an in office position.
The position requires someone to assist with various tasks within specified deadlines and take full responsibility for his/her projects. The ability to work independently, take initiative and be good at follow-through, clarity in writing, strong organizational skills & use of social media is essential. A good working knowledge of excel is essential, as are all Office programs.
The main tasks for this job, not in any particular order, are as follows:
- Assist in seeking, screening and hiring new Interns;
- Coordinate the work of all Interns including assuring they meet deadlines, overviewing the work they hand in, assisting them in completing their tasks, etc;
- Assist client with all general office/administrative duties, included but not limited to: tax preparation, filing, billing of artists, artist contact list, etc.
- Keep an up-to-date gig calendar (online Google calendar), as indicated by Client. This calendar will also be accessible to all bands/musicians on Client's roster, as well as to the general public, so a timely and precise update is fundamental.
- Keep Ironic's website up to date with detailed band/musician bios, pics, etc, on a regular, as needed basis;
- Assist in organizing info for venues to make sure they have all necessary materials to promote Ironic's artists' shows;
- Oversee interns and/or take responsibility for creating events on Client's Facebook (FB) page, in a timely manner respective of dates/times of gigs booked by Client, as well as tagging musicians and posting a comment on venue's FB pages to promote gigs booked by Client.
- Oversee interns and/or be responsible for Tweeting about Ironic's bands/musicians' gigs on Ironic's Twitter page utilizing Hootsuite to schedule approx. 6-10 posts every day consisting of RT's, upcoming gig info, music industry news, technology, quotes, etc., as approved by Client;
- Oversee interns and/or be responsible for posting a brief description of gigs as booked by Client on-line, to a number of websites. List to be provided by Client.
If you feel you're a good fit for this position, please send a resume, a detailed cover letter which specifically outlines why you are a good fit, and please provide 2 professional references.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online