Assistant Editor - Theatrical Marketing
Ignition CreativePlaya del Rey, CA
Full Time Job
Primary Job Functions:
The Assistant Editor serves in the front line of the editorial process with a primary job function to sort, organize, and ingest all incoming media for our Avid offline editors.
This includes (but is not limited to):
• Importing/Transcoding Media into Avid (Features, Dailies, Music, VO, ADR, Graphics, etc)
• Dailies Sorting/Stringouts
• Syncing & Multigrouping
• Editorial Support (troubleshooting/minor spot revisions/outputting/Quicktime conversion)
You are an Ideal Candidate if:
• You are well-versed in all facets of post-production.
• You know Avid well and can demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the software.
• You possess a broad understanding of frame rates, codecs, resolutions & color spaces.
• You enjoy troubleshooting and solving technical problems while under pressure.
• You are not afraid of hard work, long days and are always willing to go that extra mile.
This is a great opportunity for anyone trying to break into the Theatrical Trailer industry and seeking an opportunity to work for a top agency on major studio projects. This position offers room for growth as well as opportunities to learn from and work with world-class producers and editors.
We are searching for candidates with a true passion for editing and storytelling who are looking for a workplace home to start a career in theatrical marketing.
Salary for this position to be based on experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online