Social Media Marketing Manager
IMDbSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Our website and mobile properties are in the top 30 properties across all content verticals. At over 125 million mobile user downloads, we are one of the largest mobile properties in the world. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company.
We are looking for a passionate social media marketer who has significant experience working with video content for entertainment brands, including marketing original video, and syndicated video, to lead social marketing programs for IMDb and IMDb Originals. This is an opportunity to build and execute plans to attract, engage, and delight IMDb customers across social platforms with a strong focus on original video. Success in this role requires seeing the big picture, defining ambitious plans and goals, then building and executing programs and processes to scale. You will need to be data-driven, entrepreneurial and roll up your sleeves – you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices for IMDb social marketing.
• Build a plan to accelerate and scale our social activations (celebrity takeovers, events, etc.), with a focus on generating engaging content for all social platforms, but primarily for Instagram and Snapchat.
• Serve as a point of contact for coordinating with talent reps and studio agencies.
• Serve as a social expert internally and liaison externally with social platforms on their direction, best practices, and new opportunities
• Develop methodology for monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns and implement ongoing improvements; analyze social activities and their impact on business results
• Reporting on progress against goals and relevant social marketing metrics; own key business metrics, supporting in-depth business reviews and reports for senior leadership
• Responsible managing day to day campaign flow including creative, paid, and social listening efforts
• Oversee all deliverables and ensure they are qualitative, on time and align with campaign strategy
• 5 years of demonstrated and progressive success, with substantial experience in social media or digital marketing for a consumer brand
• 3 years of social media marketing experience
• Experience working with studios, talent, and their reps
• Demonstrated ability to build, execute, and scale cross-functional marketing programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
• Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to meet deadlines
• Proficient using photo and video editing programs to create and edit assets
• Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
• Experiencing managing social media accounts for large brands
• Experience in the entertainment or media industry preferred
• Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction
• Experience with Sprinklr
• Digital design or video editing