Senior Video Producer
IMDbSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, with an audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors across its website and mobile apps. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside Amazon, the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company.
The new IMDb Originals team is seeking an experienced Senior Video Producer – a digital native with an entertainment writing background -- to deliver a high volume of short-form video content focused on movies, TV, and the world of entertainment. This is a true right brain left brain position -- we're seeking a world-class creative with the production management chops to execute their vision.
The Sr Video Producer will lead a small internal production team to conceive and produce original video on a daily / weekly basis. This will require a deep understanding of the interests of digital entertainment audiences, production of various program types, and an understanding of how production tradeoffs impact creative outcomes.
• 5 years experience writing and producing highly original entertainment-related video content for large digital audience
• Deep familiarity with creation of both long and short form video content and daily/weekly production cadences
• Experience working with high-profile talent, on or off-camera, including but not limited to celebrity interviews
• Network of contacts in production and production related services and a demonstrated ability to recruit talent
• Bias for action
• Superior written and oral business communications skills, with the ability to comfortably and professionally interact with colleagues at all levels
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple deadlines at once
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Comedy writing for digital or TV
• Hands-on video production experience (camera, editing, etc)
• Management of 2 direct reports