Customer Service Specialist
IMDbSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 11:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Customer Service Specialist jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Customer Service Specialist postings
Full Time Job
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 190 million unique visitors per month. IMDbPro is IMDb's professional subscription business, with the mission of informing and connecting professionals in the entertainment industry.
We're looking for a bright, articulate Customer Service Specialist to help deliver timely, accurate and professional support to IMDb.com, IMDbPro.com and Withoutabox.com customers by responding to inbound user helpdesk queriesIn a fun and fast-paced environment, this position requires email, online and phone communication with customers, utilizing custom software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions.
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
This position reports directly into the Customer Service Manager and is located in our Santa Monica office.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Providing timely, accurate and professional answers to customers according to established department policies and procedures.
• Consistently demonstrating clear and polite written and oral communication skills.
• Thoroughly investigating customer issues; escalating any issues appropriately and correctly.
• Maintaining a positive and professional demeanor, being the customer-facing voice of IMDb among members of the entertainment industry and portraying the company in a positive light at all times.
• Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer
• Demonstrating appropriate sense of urgency for response times and service levels.
• Creating and maintaining blurbs, help and FAQ documents as needed
• Interacting with IMDb data managers and editors to help document and research content issues.
• Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving customer facing software issues
• May be required to participate in small projects as needed.
Membership on the IMDbPro team is a big opportunity for your work to be used by professionals in the entertainment industry. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to speak with you.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Three or more years' experience in a customer service/support role.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Windows Operating System
• Ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands across three verticals of business.
• Prior experience working with online customer support and CRM software
Must be flexible in working overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
• Associate's degree or higher
• Extensive knowledge of the film and TV industry and showbiz environments