Finance Manager/Senior Manager
IM GlobalWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
IM Global is looking for a Finance Manager/Senior Manager who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is able to multi-task in a growing finance department.? The Manager's key responsibility is to support the company's corporate and distribution FP&A requirements including: forecasting, budgeting, revenue and cost analysis, managing all aspects of building and maintaining film ultimate models, as well as reviewing financial performance and KPIs. Beyond the traditional FP&A needs, this role will oversee the Royalties, Residuals and Participations team in meeting royalties receivables and residuals and participations obligations for the IM Global film, television and music divisions.
• Supervise the Royalties and Participation team, which will include 1 direct report to be recruited and hired by the candidate.
• Maintain the annual budget and long-term plan, quarterly reforecasts, preparing and managing the overhead budget.
• Consolidate subsidiary (including television and other units) periodic plan and forecast information.
• Prepare financial models to incorporate into the budget/forecast process, including annual planning, greenlight analysis, budget-to-actual analysis, and other ad hoc projects requests from senior management such as: variance analyses, reconciliations, sensitivities, and others.
• Review estimated ultimate revenue and expenses prepared in accordance with the film-forecast computation method to propose royalties, participation and residual accounting accrual entries.
• Assist in ad hoc corporate development and corporate finance projects including deal analysis, valuations, M&A and other transactions.
• Preparing reports in Excel and PowerPoint for presentations/packages.
• Manage and monitor the Royalties and Participation revenue and expense activity and research discrepancies and fluctuations by gathering all necessary supporting documents for complete audit trail documentation.
• Decipher contractual digests/abstracts, legal agreements and other related written correspondence.
• Ensure contractual reporting obligations are met accurately and timely.
• Recommend and manage audits (of IM Global and third parties).
• Propose accounting provisions within legal agreements for Business Affairs team.
• Retrieve all required residual data from each production for accurate submission to the payroll services company for residual set ups.
• Provide the payroll company with receipts information by product, by reuse market and territory for all scripted owned productions for residuals invoicing.
• Manage relationship with local paying/payroll agents, and US and International guilds and applicable PHW plans ensuring timely and accurate payments throughout.
• Stay current on changes in the various US and International collective Bargaining Agreements.
• 3 to 5 years previous corporate FP&A or equivalent finance-related experienced required.
• Previous royalties, residuals, participations, accounting, audit and financial related experience preferred.
• Adept at deciphering legal agreements and knowledge of residuals and union agreements.
• Accrual accounting knowledge.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, growth environment with minimal supervision.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Excellent computer skills; primarily advance knowledge of Excel (there should be no question that your knowledge of excel models is the best amongst your peers!).
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online