Director, Production Finance
IM Global TelevisionLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The IM Global TV Director, Television Production Finance will report directly to the Vice President, Operations & Finance and indirectly to all senior finance and operations personnel and will be responsible to supervise and oversee all financial and operational aspects of the IM Global Television venture in partnership with other IM Global TV finance, creative and production teams.
• This individual will be responsible for four primary areas: (1) financial planning and analysis for the entity or the related TV production fund (including the greenlight process), (2) management and monitoring of debt facility and production fund draws, repayment, and reporting (3) television production accounting, and (4) corporate cash management.
• Act as primary leader and key financial management liaison between production executives, show accountants, show producer/UPM, and corporate finance. The Director, Television Production Finance will work closely with show controllers to timely and accurately record, and report actual and estimated show costs.
• Oversee the set-up of show accounting systems and integration of external production software packages with the corporate software and trial balance.
• Implement uniform budget policies and reporting requirements, standard accounting procedures, and oversee show cost reporting.
• Work with finance department to effectively manage the financial operations, including cash management and cash flow projections, cost reporting for assigned productions, and support the corporate financial accounting, budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Work with television creative and business affairs executives to track and monitor development spend.
• Prepare annual operating plans for scripted and unscripted television programs as well as actual-to-budget variance analysis, quarterly re-forecasts and long range plans.
• Prepare television greenlight models and maintain ultimates for all of the company's television product.
• Ensure that financial controllership policies and procedures are uniformly implemented operationally and that production payroll is contracted in accordance with standards established by IM Global TV and in compliance with collective bargaining agreement and state and local tax regulations.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance, with at least 2 years of production finance experience.
Solid understanding of GAAP.
Strong analytical abilities.
Familiar with state production tax incentive programs.
Working knowledge of TV union / guild CBAs and implications thereof.
Strong systems experience.
Ability to interact with and influence a variety of personalities from creative types to production accountants to executive management.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online