Assistant - Talent PR
ID Public RelationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ID, the leading independently-owned entertainment public relations and brand communications agency, seeks an exceptional individuals to join its innovative teams on groundbreaking work for the world's most influential actors, films, filmmakers, musicians, brands, technology leaders and corporations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Assistant, who can stay one step ahead of an influential publicist representing an eclectic client roster. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, have the ability to keep up with an extremely busy, fast-paced office, and remain composed in high-pressure environments with strong-willed personalities. Must be able to multi-task under breaking deadlines. This is a challenging position which has the potential to lead to a rewarding career as an entertainment publicist. This position is based in New York in the Financial District.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work on press pitches, research projects and memos.
- Service clients with digital breaks
- Answer phones promptly and professionally
- Maintain digital press kits; maintain hard press kit files when appropriate
- Process client requests in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain close and communicative relationships with assigned press, executives, talent and reps.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings.
- Be able to identify and develop publicity opportunities.
- Create and maintain various schedules, calendars and reports in support of Account Executives and teams
- Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training - when approved
- Handle hair/makeup/styling holds when appropriate
- Create and maintain client schedules (in coordination with counterparts and team members)
- Maintain client assets and in-office samples
- Work with supervisors to maintain and update all media lists on a timely basis.
- Coordinate mailings with team members in advance
- BA in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
- MUST HAVE at least one solid year of experience at a studio, talent/management or PR agency on a high volume desk.
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong ability to prioritize, solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle fast-paced PR environment
- Able to work well under pressure and take direction well
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle any/all confidential information, issues and matters in a sensitive manner
- Professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude is a must
DUE TO HIGH VOLUME, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online