Box Office Associate
Historic Theatre GroupMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Full Time Box Office Associate Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employee Type: Full time
Industry: Arts; Live Music & Theatre
Job Type: Box Office
Experience: 1+ years
Est. Hire Date:
Reports to: Box Office Assistant Manager, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Summary: Utilizes multiple software systems to sell tickets to diverse customers, for a wide variety of events at three unique venues.
• Works in Box Office window selling tickets to customers and providing accurate information on a variety of subjects relating to shows, facilities, related resources, and theatre and ticketing policies; answers phone inquiries as necessary in a polite, courteous manner;
• Assists subscribers with their needs pertaining to their season subscription.
• Provides positive and instructive technical and customer service support for other Box Office Associates by answering questions, authorizing transactions, and assisting them on the Ticketmaster system and the Archtics system;
• Oversees the daily upkeep of the Box Office including accurate filing, regular cleaning, ordering repairs and maintenance through Box Office management, and archiving past show and operational materials, including processing all statistical information for intranet archives;
• Provides sales reports and enters data for internal and external reporting;
• Maintains adequate supply inventory for the Box Office;
• Creates theatre sales maps for Box Office windows as needed;
• Tracks and maintains lost and found items in accordance with standard Box Office policy;
• Sets up show files on a daily or weekly basis in accordance with Box Office procedure;
• Accepts deliveries and moves packages as necessary; makes daily mail runs throughout the theatres and between organization's offices, as requested;
• Accurately performs routine duties related to opening the Box Offices (e.g. counting banks, unlocking doors, turning on lights etc.) in accordance with standard practice;
• Accurately performs duties related to closing the Box Offices (e.g. running reports, locking doors, locking files, transporting deposits, etc.) in accordance with standard practice;
• Arrives on time for scheduled shifts, returns from breaks on time;
• Maintains appropriate appearance and wears complete uniform during all scheduled work hours;
• Consistently displays a positive attitude towards customers, co-workers, supervisors, cast members, and shows;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Box Office/Ticketing experience required.
• Proven strong customer service experience required.
• Previous experience handling cash required.
• Ticketmaster/Archtics software experience preferred.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Starting wage for this position is $14.04 per a collective bargaining agreement. Union membership is required.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online