Manager of Programing
Heard Well, LLCLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager of Programing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager of Programing postings
Full Time Job
Fast growing, LA-based music start-up seeks an energetic, organized, and driven individual to step in and take over a new radio venture.
The position is responsible for day-to-day operations of the station both during and after broadcasts (including occasional on-air hosting + social media). This is a very dynamic job and requires significant creativity, so we are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and comfortable balancing a variety of tasks. Previous producing experience a plus.
The ideal candidate is:
- On the pulse of new music (our brand is known as a tastemaker and arbiter of good music so you must be, as well)
- A master at building a playlist (a large part of this job will be curating music around existing compilations).
- Up to date on industry gossip and able to comment on it.
- Able to share a smart point of view on music and those who care about it.
- Up to date on social native talent (our company partners closely with influencers so you will need to be up to speed on their public lives).
- Able to build innovative music-driven formats (this is an opportunity to build radio programming from the ground-up)
- Host a daily music-centric broadcast (while music-driven, having the ability to interview and editorialize is important).
- Work with record labels, managers and talent to schedule appearances
- Manage multiple, regularly scheduled tasks along with unexpected needs as they come up
- Gather sound bytes from talent and artists for on-air hits
- Commercial production
- Social media promotion
- Producing on-air shows
This is an opportunity to grow with a fast moving company, wear many hats and have an impact on how music is discovered and monetized.
* Valid CA license required