Manager of Programing
Heard Well, LLCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fast growing, LA-based music start-up seeks an energetic, organized, and driven individual to step in and take over a new radio venture.
The position is responsible for day-to-day operations of the station both during and after broadcasts (including occasional on-air hosting + social media). This is a very dynamic job and requires significant creativity, so we are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and comfortable balancing a variety of tasks. Previous producing experience a plus.
The ideal candidate is:
- On the pulse of new music (our brand is known as a tastemaker and arbiter of good music so you must be, as well)
- A master at building a playlist (a large part of this job will be curating music around existing compilations).
- Up to date on industry gossip and able to comment on it.
- Able to share a smart point of view on music and those who care about it.
- Up to date on social native talent (our company partners closely with influencers so you will need to be up to speed on their public lives).
- Able to build innovative music-driven formats (this is an opportunity to build radio programming from the ground-up)
- Host a daily music-centric broadcast (while music-driven, having the ability to interview and editorialize is important).
- Work with record labels, managers and talent to schedule appearances
- Manage multiple, regularly scheduled tasks along with unexpected needs as they come up
- Gather sound bytes from talent and artists for on-air hits
- Commercial production
- Social media promotion
- Producing on-air shows
This is an opportunity to grow with a fast moving company, wear many hats and have an impact on how music is discovered and monetized.
* Valid CA license required
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online