Intern - Radio
Heard Well, LLCLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Fast growing, LA-based music start-up seeks an energetic, organized, and driven individual to step in and intern at a new digital radio station called Heard Well Radio. The station, which is backed by CAA, is the first-and-only radio station powered by social influencers and their communities. Heard Well Radio is produced through the internet radio app TuneIn.
The position is responsible for assisting with the operations of the station both during and after broadcasts. This is a very dynamic position and requires significant creativity, so we are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and comfortable balancing a variety of tasks. Previous experience in the digital, radio or music space a plus.
- Intern (Temporary)
The ideal candidate is:
- On the pulse of new music (our brand is known as a tastemaker and arbiter of good music so you must be, as well)
- A master at building a playlist (a large part of this job will be curating music around existing compilations).
- Up to date on industry gossip and able to comment on it.
- Able to share a smart point of view on music and those who care about it.
- Up to date on social native talent (our company partners closely with premiere influencers so you will need to be up to speed on their public lives)
- Directly assist the Director of Programming for the station
- Research talent to help prepare for on-air interviews/shows
- Assist with outreach and booking of guests on the station
- Brainstorm creative show ideas/radio segments
- Cut promotional audio teasers for our social media
- Help produce on-air shows
- Create curated playlists using the best music of today
- Develop and broaden interest in Heard Well Radio
- Full-time undergraduates; Must receive school credit.
- Media field of study a plus; Career interest in radio, music, journalism, digital
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; active listening; effectively conveying information; ability to proofread & edit
- Planning & organizing: focusing on urgent and important tasks; avoiding procrastination; showing attention to detail; meeting deadlines
- Flexibility & creativity; can adapt to shifts in priorities and urgencies
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms, e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Knowledge of audio editing software a plus, e.g., Logic, Pro Tools, Quicktime
Bonus at end of term
Get in on the ground floor of an all new radio venture.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online