Harold Ramis Film SchoolChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Harold Ramis Film School at The Second City Training Center seeks to recruit adjunct faculty members in COMEDIC WRITNG for the Yearlong Filmmaking Program effective March 2017.
Job responsibilities include teaching students in the class Comedic Writing of the Yearlong Filmmaking Program at The Harold Ramis Film School, maintaining office hours, participating in Student Assessments and inspiring students to find their creative voices. Sense of humor preferred.
Candidates will have professional experience in humorous writing and/or experience teaching writing comedy, comedic literature, and ideally experience teaching a diverse population of students.
- Provide students with instruction based established curriculum.
- Mentor students on writing projects and reading.
- Run lectures and classes in a timely fashion.
- Stay current with industry practices and techniques.
- Participate in Student Assessments each session.
The classes that we are looking to hire teachers for in this area are:
- Comedic Writing
Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree and/or industry experience. Ability to lead workshops, seminars, and lectures. Great communication and interpersonal skills. Some knowledge of The Second City and our approach to content creation or a willingness to integrate your teaching style with our general philosophy. Did we mention a sense of humor?
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Positions are dependent on budget approval. Applications received by February 15th, 2017 will receive fullest consideration, but will continue to be accepted after that time.
1. A current Curriculum Vitae
2. A writing sample that demonstrates a high quality of professional work.
3. A detailed syllabus for a proposed course in film or television writing
4. A portfolio - 2 samples of creative work
5. Two letters of recommendation Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online