Hachette Book GroupNew York Mills, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Counsel jobs in New York Mills-NY
Search all Senior Counsel postings
Full Time Job
Hachette Book Group is seeking a Senior Counsel to handle a variety of commercial agreements, intellectual property, First Amendment, licensing and general corporate matters. This position will report to the EVP, General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Draft and negotiate range of commercial agreements, including brand content licenses, distribution agreements, work-for-hires, IT and services agreements.
• Counsel publishing units on copyright, libel, trademark and other pre-publication matters; handle claims and litigation.
• Advise clients on privacy, social media, advertising and promotions.
• Assist with creation, implementation, and training on corporate policies.
• M&A and due diligence and litigation experience would be a strong plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• J.D. with strong academic credentials and admitted to the New York Bar
• At least 6+ years of relevant transactional legal experience, including foundational training at a law firm.
• Previous in-house experience and knowledge of media industry and related trends and law a plus.
• The ideal candidate will have substantial intellectual property, media and/or corporate experience focused on the creation, marketing and distribution of media content and capable of taking on additional categories of work. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively with clients, be solution oriented, enjoy a fast-paced work environment, can prioritize and multi-task, and is a self-starter who manages projects through completion without extensive supervision.
Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre, the third largest trade and educational publisher in the world.