Spring Intern - Human Resources
HBOLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
HBO is seeking a talented and ambitious student to provide administrative assistance to our HR team for a 12 week assignment during the spring (January through April). Intern duties will include scheduling interviews, as well as, organizing intern related events including orientations and speaker series.
• Assist with sourcing of candidate resumes and scheduling candidates for interviews.
• Maintain and update intern tracking database, along with intern drive and respective folders.
• Assist with preparation and coordination of summer internship program.
• Plan and organize HR related events, which includes coordination with speakers, departments and various organizations.
• Assist with special HR projects and administrative duties as needed.
• Intern should be interested in Human Resources or Recruiting.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to detail required. Must be able to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines.
• Must have clear and professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong administrative and research skills required.
• Ability to follow direction and work independently
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Candidates that can handle themselves professionally in an office environment, with good phone etiquette, a solid work ethic, and an eagerness to learn.
• At minimum, undergraduate students at a rising junior or senior level and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
• Able to work a minimum 3 days a week
• APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 11, 2016
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.