Assistant, Employee Relations
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
Human Resources functions as a partner to business leaders at HBO and provides day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development, performance management and compliance. The assistant is an integral member of the team and will provide administrative support for three HR Directors and their employee relations teams. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of people who love what they do in a company that creates compelling programming that becomes part of pop culture.
• Research and respond to employee inquiries regarding company policies and procedures
• Generate and assemble confidential and time sensitive reports and organizational charts
• Process payroll change transactions including promotions, terminations, transfers, etc.
• Handle high volume of administrative tasks including, but limited to: calendar management, screening phone calls, booking travel, expense and invoice processing, scheduling and managing logistics for meetings
• Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding employees as needed
• Establish and maintain effective productive working relationships with colleagues
• Provide support on ad-hoc projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-2 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment; prior experience in a Human Resources support position preferred
• Must possess a high degree of professionalism, judgment and accuracy
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Must be detailed with strong organizational and follow up skills
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Flexibility to work a schedule that meets critical deadlines and requirements
• Must communicate effectively both in written and verbal form
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.