Gurney ProductionsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Junior Accountant Job Duties:
• Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
• Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
• Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
• Review production cost reports and estimates to complete for applicability.
• Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
• Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
• Maintain an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
• Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Production Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
BA/BS in Finance with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
• Experience in FP&A, Accounting or Finance within Feature Film or Television Production industry.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Ability to thrive in a fast -pace setting environment. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online