Gurney ProductionsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Junior Accountant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Junior Accountant postings
Full Time Job
Junior Accountant Job Duties:
• Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
• Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
• Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
• Review production cost reports and estimates to complete for applicability.
• Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
• Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
• Maintain an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
• Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Production Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
BA/BS in Finance with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
• Experience in FP&A, Accounting or Finance within Feature Film or Television Production industry.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Ability to thrive in a fast -pace setting environment. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.