Gunpowder & SkyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for public relations campaigns, theatrical bookings, film festival coordination, and grassroots events for Gunpowder & Sky Distribution. An ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the independent film landscape, a creative mind for press angles, the ability to write clearly and quickly, an organized mind for executing events and juggling competing priorities, an outgoing personality, and a willingness to take initiative to expand their skill set and role within the company.
ABOUT GUNPOWDER & SKY DISTRIBUTION
Gunpowder & Sky (G&S) is a digital-first global studio dedicated to creating and distributing video content independent of form, genre or platform. With in-house development, production, financing and distribution capabilities, combined with the subversive spirit of independent creators, G&S collaborates with both emerging and established talent to generate premium video content ranging from 90 second to 90-minute stories. G&S has co-production and partnership deals with other independently spirited trailblazers such as Shareability, Cut, Realm Pictures, Supergravity Pictures, Bona Fide Productions and Adaptive Studios.
Based in New York and LA, Gunpowder & Sky Distribution, formerly FilmBuff, is an award winning full-service global sales and distribution company. Gunpowder & Sky Distribution handles distribution of all rights globally for producers, networks, publishers and brands, including festival strategy, theatrical, TVOD/SVOD, and linear television. The company currently oversees a library of over 1500 feature films, series, and shorts.
• Execute title-specific PR and marketing strategy for each film
• Prospect, develop and manage relationships with strategic PR and marketing partners and vendors
• Identify key outlets (websites, newspapers, podcasts, TV appearances, etc.) to reach targeted audiences
• Distribute press breaks and PR recaps internally and to filmmakers
• Book theatrical runs for G&S films, managing theatrical revenue and costs; work closely with and develop relationships with theatrical bookers
• Conceive and execute events to increase film awareness (e.g. press screenings, influencer screenings, film festivals)
• Work closely with G&S Operations team and external venue contacts to ensure timely delivery of film assets and film marketing materials
• Maintain film's presence online, especially with regard to review aggregators like Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb, etc.
• Create and contribute to marketing campaigns to activate theatrical markets: e.g. postering campaigns, managing street teams and grassroots/word-of-mouth marketing, assisting with regional PR and regional paid media efforts
• Ensure successful filmmaker communication by scheduling and managing check-ins and meetings
• Assist with social media efforts
• Manage film festival and awards submissions for G&S films
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 2 years of PR, marketing or event management experience, preferably in media/entertainment industry or at creative agency
• Competency in MS Office, especially PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to drive a proposed campaign from start to finish
• A meticulous eye for detail and focus on quality control
• Experience booking theaters and/or programming film festivals
• Strong understanding and prior experience in film marketing
• Prior experience in PR, or journalism
• Published written work
• Press relationships
• Extensive social media knowledge, including experience with paid campaigns
• Basic video editing skills; basic photoshop/illustrator skills
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online