Fall Intern - Booking Agency
Ground Control TouringBrooklyn, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Ground Control Touring is a boutique booking agency founded in the year 2000 by Eric Dimenstein and Jim Romeo. We currently offer exclusive North American tour booking from offices in Brooklyn, Carrboro, and Los Angeles. We also represent many of our clients in international territories including Asia, Australia, and South America.
We are currently looking for motivated, music loving individuals who wish to spend the fall season interning with us at our Brooklyn office. Applicants should be New York City based and available 12:00pm to 6:00pm at least three days per week, Monday through Friday.
The ideal candidate is professional and personable, able to multitask effectively (while prioritizing time-sensitive projects) and attentive to details both large and small.
Internship responsibilities include:
• Emailing concert promoters for advance ticket counts
• Gathering and entering concert information into our database
• Reviewing promoter websites to ensure show listings are accurate
• Contributing to various research projects
• Updating our website with show information and news
• Helping maintain social networking sites
Applicants should possess the following skills/experience:
• Interest in a career in the live music industry
• Passion for going to live shows and seeking out new artists
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and a knack for accuracy
• Strong (Mac) computer skills - Word, Excel, Google and Acrobat. Some knowledge of HTML is a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online