Intern - Acquisitions
Gravitas VenturesEl Segundo, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2016 5:10:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Acquisitions jobs in El Segundo-CA
Search all Intern - Acquisitions postings
Part Time Paid Internship
Gravitas Ventures is one of the largest distributors of independent film around the world. Recent releases include ADDICTED TO FRESNO, ALL THINGS MUST PASS, BACKSTREET BOYS: SHOW 'EM WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF, BAND OF ROBBERS, BEING EVEL, FASTBALL, and many more.
We are looking for interns who are passionate about media and entertainment. Gravitas is a company filled with leaders that have always anticipated and embraced change. We are looking for interns who can do the same. Interns will be involved at every level, from distribution to marketing to acquisitions, and we encourage active involvement.
Our internships are paid positions designed for currently enrolled students (both Undergraduates and Graduate levels). We seek new candidates every semester and summer.
We are currently seeking an intern for our Acquisitions department for the fall.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Tracking & Evaluating Submissions - Maintain and track Gravitas' incoming submissions in an organized manner. Intern will also be responsible for screening submissions and providing detailed coverage.
• Festival Preparation - Assisting the acquisitions team in preparing for various film festivals such as Toronto, Sundance, Tribeca, SXSW and others. This includes logging festival line-ups, scheduling meetings, and title research.
• Research - Researching potential acquisitions and trends in the marketplace including trades, blogs, and other outlets.
• Clerical - Various clerical responsibilities around the office.
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
• Organized and detailed oriented
• A strong team player with an interest in film
• Must be proficient with standard MS Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn