VP, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Global Eagle EntertainmentMarina Del Rey, CA
Full Time Job
VP, SEC Reporting and Technical Accoutning | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The VP of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and is instrumental in the effective management for timely and successful financial reporting, both internal and external financial reporting. The VP of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting is responsible for all matters surrounding SEC reporting, internal financial reporting, audit coordination, and accounting policy. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of SEC reporting and an ability and interest to tackle other accounting projects and month end procedures as assigned. Successful candidates will be detail oriented, drive development and efficiencies, have excellent project management skills, experience in fast-paced environments, and ability to work with various internal departments, an interest in continuous improvement and a drive to grow with the Company. This position provides an opportunity to make an immediate impact and requires a person who is willing to push themselves to strengthen our accounting processes.
You are the right person for this role if you are a high achiever with a track record of high performance and process improvements in a lean, results-oriented environment, learn well by doing. Be ready to work hard, have fun, and learn a lot in a fast paced technology / entertainment environment!
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Managing the internal and external financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including assuring compliance with SEC, FASB, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act financial reporting requirements and directing the preparation of SEC Forms 10-Q, 8-K, and 10-K.
• Technical research of significant accounting and reporting related items.
• Own and manage preparation of executive reporting package and other financial schedules.
• Overseeing the GEE month-end corporate consolidation functions.
• Assist in analysis of the monthly financials; identify variances, research issues, and communicate results.
• Assisting with merger and acquisition due diligence, integration and newly acquired entities into the financial reporting process, and divestiture of businesses as required.
• Manage and coordinate internal audit requests. Assist in preparation of management’s items associated with compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed to support their ongoing development.
• Manage and coordinate financial audits, including the quarterly review process and annual audit process. Address audit issues and findings.
• Involvement in and/or management of various projects as assigned by management, accounting research proposals and assisting in training of various members of other departments, etc.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting.
• CPA designation (active preferred).
• 8 to 10 years of progressively responsive experience with “Big 4” public accounting and 5 years in a similar role in a large public company
• Knowledge of SEC and FASB reporting requirements.
• Prior experience with XBRL reporting
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all management levels and external financial and legal community.
• Organizational leadership, process and project management skills.
• Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize, delegate, and handle multiple tasks.
• A team-oriented individual with the ability to work in high demand/output situations.
• Knowledge of Hyperion Enterprise, Oracle and EquityEdge / E*Trade
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to follow directions and multitask
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Detail Oriented
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.