Global Eagle EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 5/22/2017 3:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for UX Designer jobs in London-UK
Search all UX Designer postings
Full Time Job
GEE Creative applies thinking and design across the full ecosystem, from customer experience strategy and design concepting, to fully-crafted beautiful and usable digital, video and print solutions in the airline and travel industries. Digitally, we work with globally recognized airlines, creating best-in-class and cutting-edge in-flight-entertainment and are increasingly engaged across the full passenger lifecycle, on-board and on-the-ground. Our core focus is the entertainment experience, where we lead in design thinking and delivery for video-on-demand inspired services, content-led and next-generation digital and transactional experiences. We are multi-channel (and omni-channel) in our thinking, seamlessly connecting the customer experience across mobile, web, seat-back GUI, interactive displays and emerging technologies.
The role and profile
We are looking for a talented UX Designer to architect and design amazing user experiences, user interfaces and the overall customer experience. The ideal candidate should be able to translate high-level requirements into intuitive, desirable and functional user experience and interface design across multiple digital channels.
You will be expert in all or most of the following software tools and techniques: Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch (and Zeplin), prototyping tools such as Proto.io, and Adobe Creative Cloud. The ability to sketch interfaces out with a Sharpie and to use post-its as a design and planning tool is also highly valued! You will have a close working relationship with visual UI designers and your own design sensibilities. You will also work with motion graphic designers, software developers, product owners, copy writers, marketing and sales staff.
You are likely to have a degree or diploma in digital interaction design, user experience, human computer interaction, graphic design, design communication or a related subject. Just as important, is relevant and sound experience at an agency, design consultancy, technology company with a design-led focus or from within a high performing client-side digital team. You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry, reflecting this understanding in the approach to your work.
• Handle all user experience design stages competently, with brilliant design insight, from research and concepting, to fully-crafted UX design and integration with software streams
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design challenges
• Collaborate with other UX designers, creatives, product management, creative director and software engineering to define and implement innovative solutions
• Deliver innovative, next-generation user experience solutions
• Have an active appreciation of graphic design, typography, copy writing and design communication
• Present and explain UX designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders and clients
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Rely on your full repertoire of UX deliverables, from experience architecture and mapping to user flows and wireframe design across multiple digital channels and devices
• Establish and promote UX guidelines, best practices and standards
• Proven UX design experience - at least 4 years within a recognized UX/UI agency, digital advertising agency, product or design-led technology consultancy etc.
• Demonstrable UX skills with a strong portfolio
• Expert knowledge of Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, prototyping tools and Adobe CC
• Excellent command of user interaction design best practice and system feedback -
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date with the latest UX and UI trends, techniques, software and consumer technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of common software project management methodologies and their integration with UX/UI processes (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Lean UX, Kanban)
• Confident in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Docs
• Degree level qualification (or similar Diploma / Higher degree) probably from within the Creative and / or UX field
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• strong commitment to user centered design
• user experience expert and professional interest in related fields such as product design and ergonomics
• strong MAC skills
• confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues
• ability to grasp client needs, the status of projects and to consider practical solutions
• attention to detail
• creative flair and appreciation of good visual design
• ability to balance work on several projects and to focus entirely on one project as client projects demand
• good team-working skills
• flexibility with ideas and designs
It is also important that you have an interest in and aptitude for:
• digital platforms and ecosystems
• airline market trends
• consumer devices and their user experience
• new developments in UX software
• current UX / UI trends and techniques
We run a core 37.5 hour week (with an hour for lunch), Monday to Friday. Additional hours to meet project deadlines and international time zones do apply at times. We offer standard and some additional company benefits and also encourage in-house or external training. We are located in central London.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions. These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.