Global Eagle EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Some international travel may be required
GEE Creative applies thinking and design across the full ecosystem, from customer experience strategy and design concepting, to fully-crafted beautiful and usable digital, video and print solutions in the airline and travel industries. Digitally, we work with globally recognized airlines, creating best-in-class and cutting-edge in-flight-entertainment and are increasingly engaged across the full passenger lifecycle, on-board and on-the-ground. Our core focus is the entertainment experience, where we lead in design thinking and delivery for video-on-demand inspired services, content-led and next-generation digital and transactional experiences. We are multi-channel (and omni-channel) in our thinking, seamlessly connecting the customer experience across mobile, web, seat-back GUI, interactive displays and emerging technologies.
The role and profile
You will be part of a global team who help the airline and travel industry deliver a brilliant entertainment and travel experience to passengers around the world. Our goal is to delight, inform and inspire passengers at every stage of their journey and beyond.
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user interfaces and overall customer and user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and innovative design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interface design across multiple digital channels.
You will be expert in all or most of the following software tools and techniques: Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Sketch (and Zeplin), prototyping tools such as InVision, Proto.io, Principle or similar. The ability to sketch something out with a Sharpie and to use post-its as a design tool is also highly valued! You will have a close working relationship with UX designers as well as motion graphic designers, software developers, product owners, copy writers, marketing and sales staff, so this type of background is highly desirable.
You are highly likely to have a degree or diploma in graphic design, digital user interface / interaction design, user experience, illustration, fine art or a related subject. Just as important, is relevant and sound experience at an agency, design consultancy, technology company with a design-led focus or from within a high performing client-side digital team. You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry, reflecting this understanding in the approach to your work.
As a UI designer, your responsibilities will be to:
• Execute all visual design stages from research and concept, to fully-crafted UI design and integration with software streams
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design challenges
• Collaborate with other creatives, product management, creative director and software engineering to define and implement innovative solutions
• Deliver innovative, next-generation visual design solutions
• Have an active appreciation and secondary skill-set of wireframes, storyboards and user flows, to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas when necessary
• Present and explain designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders and clients
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven UI design experience - at least 4 years within a recognized UI/UX agency, digital advertising agency, product or design-led technology consultancy etc.
• Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
• Expert knowledge of Adobe CC programs, Axure, Sketch, InVision and other visual design and prototyping tools
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user interaction and system feedback -
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, software and consumer technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of common software project management methodologies and their integration with UI/UX processes (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Lean UX, Kanban)
• Confident in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Docs
• Degree level qualification (or similar Diploma / Higher degree) within the Creative field
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• creative flair
• strong visual sense
• strong MAC skills
• confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues
• ability to grasp client needs, the status of projects and to consider practical solutions
• attention to detail
• ability to balance work on several projects and to focus entirely on one project as client projects demand
• good team-working skills
• flexibility with ideas and designs
It is also important that you have an interest in and aptitude for:
• digital platforms and ecosystems
• airline market trends
• consumer devices and their user experience
• new developments in design software
• current design trends and techniques
We run a core 37.5 hour week (with an hour for lunch), Monday to Friday. Additional hours to meet project deadlines and international time zones do apply at times. We offer standard and some additional company benefits and also encourage in-house or external training. We are located in central London.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions. These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.