Technical Program Manager
Global Eagle EntertainmentLake Forest, CA
Full Time Job
Technical Program Manager | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
Reporting to the Director, Operations, Technical Program Manager will manage customer program deliveries mainly related to our In-Seat products used for In-Flight Services and Entertainment.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
• Working with the account management and development teams in Mumbai, Lake Forest and Montreal, to ensure that projects are scoped properly, quoted, committed and handed off seamlessly for execution;
• Using technical judgement to drive project delivery, challenge proposals and build consensus;
• Preparing, maintaining and communicating project management artifacts;
• Preparing and maintaining reports providing detailed current status of each project;
• Coordinating with the development managers for team and resource allocation;
• Engaging teams and developers assigned to the managed programs
• Participating in our continuous effort for process improvement;
• Facilitating and organizing efficient internal and client-facing project meetings;
• Effectively communicating information to the different stakeholders (developers, clients and management team);
• Strong technical background, university/college diploma or equivalent experience in a technical field;
• 3-5 years of experience in software development or technical project management;
• Considerable experience working on large-scale technical projects with external clients;
• Considerable experience working with agile & waterfall software development methodologies;
• Experience working with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams;
• Experience managing projects with remote teams;
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Extremely versatile and adaptable
• Outstanding communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to manage priorities
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.