Support Technician I
Global Eagle EntertainmentSharjah, SH
Full Time Job
The Product Support Technician will be responsible for supporting issues, projects and tasks related, but not limited to, I-Cafe, GoVSAT, SpeedNet, HDConnect, Maestro and WAN Optimization products. The Product Support Technician may be deployed to resolve issues, conduct upgrades and install products onboard cruise, yacht and commercial vessels, energy vessels, private super yachts and other locations all over the world.
Describe the key responsibilities & role criteria. More specifically, the job entails:
• Provide 1st thru 3rd level hardware/software support for I-Café.
• Provide 2nd thru 3rd level support GoVSAT, SpeedNet, HDConnect, and Maestro.
• Ensure that each reported issue is tracked and updated in EMC’s incident management system.
• Provide prompt and courteous customer service to ship and shore side personnel.
• Ensure end-user problems are resolved in a timely manner.
• Assemble, configure and test products supported by Product Development.
• Maintain systems on local and remote sites as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining the installed equipment inventory.
• Work closely with the installation teams.
• Create diagrams, whitepapers, and training materials to document products and procedures
• Provide technical support during standard and non-standard workdays, including on-call
• May be required to cover shifts in the early morning and late night.
• May be required to be available to travel at a moment’s notice.
• General project management and status tracking of installations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years’ related technical experience
• Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10
• Knowledge of Linux Kernels
• Good understanding of Cisco networking
• Requires knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• General project management skills required
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.