Sr. Project Manager
Global Eagle EntertainmentIrvine, CA
Full Time Job
IT Senior Project Manager | Global Eagle Entertainment
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq:ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry's most comprehensive product and services platform, GEE provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, GEE delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company's headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.
The Senior Project Manager role is to plan and deploy IT systems and networks to achieve the objectives of the organization and ensure high levels of availability/security of the supported business applications. He or she will act as an expert on IT projects planning and execution, provide guidance to the implementation of IT systems and services. He or she will assume the management of related projects and staff involved, and will actively participate to the realization of these projects. The individual will lead/manage ad-hoc teams of IT specialists during the execution of projects, be accountable for the health of the systems under his responsibility, will be available 24x7 in case of emergency or critical issues, and will produce documentation as required per departmental activities or audits.
The individual will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenances consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
More specifically, the person will be required to:
• Assume a participative role in the planning, deployment and maintenance of systems;
• Work with colleagues and IT management team to ensure that IT projects are scoped properly, committed and achieved with success;
• Plan, deploy, monitor, manage, consolidate IT systems: VMWare infrastructure, Active Directory, Exchange infrastructure, Database Systems, Web Servers farm, data storage, network environment and all components related to these systems;
• Ensure the success of AD and email infrastructures consolidation/migration (current or future acquisitions);
• Ensure the availability and performance of the systems deployed;
• Redact and maintain infrastructural documentation,
• Redact, maintain and communicate project management artefacts and detailed status reports of each project;
• Produce documentation as required per SOX or security audits/controls;
• Use technical judgement to drive project delivery, challenge proposals and build consensus;
• Provide technological guidance and assist other team members in their work;
• Coordinate with the leads & managers for team and resource allocation;
• Participate in our continuous effort for process and infrastructural improvement;
• Effectively communicate information to the different stakeholders;
• Work as a liaison between cross-functional teams, various internal teams and third parties.
• A minimum of 10 years of pertinent experience as a principal System Administrator or Manager of IT staff in a medium to large IT environment
• Has participated in multiple consolidations and/or migrations of Active Directory and MS Exchange infrastructures
• In depth knowledge and experience on Windows Servers, VMWare (Clustered infrastructure & HA), Active Directory (Architecture, Security, GPO, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Trusts) and Exchange 2010/2013 or 2016
• Strong skills and real experience with Microsoft Powershell combined with manipulation of spreadsheets and CSV files
• In depth level knowledge and experience of networking infrastructure (Firewall, switches, LB, VLAN, routing, proxy, VPN…)
• In depth level in data storage (NAS, SAN, etc.)
• Experience on Linux based systems
• Extensive comprehension and experience of IT Security in general
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of emails protocols and anti-spam mechanisms/systems
• Solid experience on VOIP systems
• Sold skills in research, preparation and presentation of IT systems/products
• Solid experience in redaction of infrastructural documentation in MS Vision
• Willing to work outside of regular business hours and participate to 24/7 support
• Has the capacity (environment and setup) to work remotely on a regular basis
• PMP certification
• Has actively participated to IT budgeting activities
• VMWare certification or training
• Microsoft certification or training
• SANS information security training
• MS Lync or Skype for Business environment management and/or deployment
• Microsoft IIS, SQL
• Experience on Office 365, Microsoft Azure, AWS
• Certificate Services and mechanisms
• SAML Single Sign-On deployment experience
• Data storage management on Dell Equalogic, Nimble, NetApp and EMC
Interests and generic skills
• Customer-focused work ethic
• Pay attention to details
• Autonomy, proactivity and dynamism
• Thorough in communications and follow-ups
• Ease in researching and mastering new IT technologies/techniques
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
• Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.