Sr. IT Director - Oracle EBS HRMS Planning and Budgeting Systems and Services
Global Eagle EntertainmentMiramar, FL
Full Time Job
The IT Director for the Oracle EBS HRMS Planning and Budgeting Systems and Services role is to supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of functional and technical team. The Director is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
. More specifically, the job entails:
• Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
• Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
• Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
• Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
• Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for Business systems solutions, processes and project management.
• Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
• Review and analyze existing applications’ effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
• Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
• Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
• Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
• Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
• Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
• Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
• 7 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
• Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
• Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
• Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Extensive experience with core software applications, including Oracle EBS and the core financials, supply chain and manufacturing modules.
• Oracle HRMS, Taleo, and Hyperion experience is a plus.
• Experience in programming languages, such as Java, C , and PL SQL.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
• Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Unix, Windows.
• Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the mobility for the employee regularly requires sitting, frequent near vision use for reading and computer, lifting, stooping, bending, stretching, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching and other physical exertion.
• The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• Lifting and/or carrying of up to 25 lbs.
• Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
• Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.