Global Eagle EntertainmentHampshire, IL
Full Time Job
The overall purpose of the Service Manager is to be the main customer advocate within the Operations function, and act as the first point of escalation for all customer incidents and responsible for internal escalation communications to executives within EMC.
Describe the key responsibilities & role criteria. More specifically, the job entails:
• Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore operability in least time possible and most cost effective manner.
• Analyze the results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
• Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services.
• Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUC’s, LNB’s, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management.
• Interpret technical drawings, service orders, circuit diagrams, part lists and schematics to effectively understand and troubleshoot customer issues.
• Understand/Manipulate test equipment and tools required to diagnose VSAT systems including but not limited to; spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, data testers, hand tools, etc.
• Complete detailed written corrective maintenance, site survey and preventative maintenance reports that are clear and grammatically correct in English upon completion of service activity.
• Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
• Produce performance reports covering SLAs, service credits, failures, incidents, etc. as agreed in contract, based on data provided by the NOC technicians.
• Validate service credit requests from customers by analyzing past performance.
• Drive continual customer service improvement and experience /CXM) initiatives. Escalate them to Operations management and share with Account Executive.
• Drive incident resolution to achieve SLA and MTTR contractual targets by coordinating internal escalation.
• Provide credible and professional post incident RFO reports.
• Drive and own Service Improvement Plans (SIPs) where service requires focused improvement over time, in conjunction with Operations Management team.
• Provide/coordinate on-boarding training to customer on new services delivered / new staff.
• Own and update the customer information guides detailing escalation processes, contact numbers, best practices, etc.
• Serve are technical liaison to sales and marketing in support of proposals and SLA negotiations as service subject matter expert
• Schedule preventative maintenance visits via field engineering to meet established manufacturer and internal EMC standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of technical account and or project management experience.
• Must be customer oriented with a proven track-record of understanding and managing Service Level Agreements and Incident and Problem Management.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in telecommunications & satellite solutions on-shore and offshore.
• Willing to work extended hours (overtime) as needed and to be on call after normal work hours required.
• Complete range of communication abilities including conflict resolution and documentation.
• Highly motivated with the ability to operate without direct supervision.
• Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced environment and manage complicated network solutions.
• Maintain a positive "customer first" attitudenvironment.
• Knowledge of Global Enterprise Networksnvironments, SATELLITE WAN and LAN.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.