Global Eagle EntertainmentManchester, CT
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Publicity | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The publicity coordinator’s role is an entry-level position to support the Content Programming Department by gathering, compiling and editing data about movies, TV and music programs available for licensing to airlines.
More specifically, the job entails to:
• Source and enter data for movies and TV into the database
• QC data entered by TV programmers for small TV distributors
• Source images for magazines, GUIs and websites
• Resize synopses for movies and TV
• Prepare translation grids, send them out for translation and enter all translations into the
database once received back from the translator
• Enter internal movie screening reviews into the database
• Prepare metadata grids for GUIs
• Proofread magazines
• Write copy for magazine articles/websites
• Education: College Degree
• Writing and proofreading (English only)
• Organized and strong background in administration
• Ability to multitask
• Strong knowledge of Excel and Word
• Team player
• Detail oriented
• International experience preferred
• Interest in entertainment (movie, TV and music) preferred
• Foreign languages spoken a plus
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.