Global Eagle EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Develop and improve operational processes to ensure and maintain highest standards of quality products in the most efficient and cost/time effective way. Monitor the delivery of ALL inflight entertainment products and in order for GEE to remain at the forefront of new methods and products for the effective delivery and management of media content in all forms.
• Ensure on time deliveries and highest quality of products to customers.
• Ensure standard operating processes are put in place and that the business adheres to them.
• Apply lean methodologies and principles to processes and procedures to reduce or remove waste
• Ensure that quality processes are in place and observed.
• Ensure that work practices are recognized as industry best practices or exceed them.
• Manage the team and assets to ensure compliance
• Put in place clear metrics that show operational efficiency and quality
• Lead the Operational team setting clear goals and monitoring performance
• Encourage Continuous Improvement mentality across the board
• Ensure clear development plans for team
• Ensure clear communication between functional groups
• Management of Cost, Quality and Delivery schedules.
• Minimum 6 months media industry or airline experience
• Minimum 6 months Digital Media workflows
• 2-3 years people management.
• Experience of contributing to large scale operational projects, new systems, new workflows
• Demonstrable experience of change management.
• Reasonable understanding of metadata and looking after teams handling large quantities of data and timeline management.
• Client relationship management skills for 1 year.
• Must have proven track record managing significant accounts.
• Sound technical knowledge of video and audio formats.
• Can work independently without direction to execute strategic plans or management initiatives
• Can effectively plan and organize own and others workload
• Confident working with global teams
• Able to exercise influence
• Proactive in finding solutions and improvements
• Enforce best practice and standardized procedures within the team
• Able to carry out root cause analysis
• Ability to make difficult decisions, performance manage people and carry out consistent performance reviews.
• Presentation skills are desirable, potentially presenting to Senior teams and clients
• Work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Build positive team environment provide appropriate support, mentoring, coaching and development of team
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.