Network Management Operator
Global Eagle EntertainmentParana, DF
Full Time Job
The position of Network Management Operator will manage, maintain, and update bandwidth databases and monitoring systems. This position will also assist with load balancing and Network Maintenances.
Describe the key responsibilities & role criteria. More specifically, the job entails:
• Review network capacity, schedule adjustments and/or escalate as needed. Implementation and coordination of BW upgrades, downgrades and activations/deactivations.
• Interact with satellite providers as needed to resolve ASI issues reported by customers as well providers.
• Maintain and troubleshoot any network health related issues such as degradation or adversely effected services.
• Monitor and adjust customer and remote configurations in monitoring tools for accuracy.
• Coordinate network maintenance.
• Other duties may include but is not limited to preparations for customer notification of solar outages, BW Pool creation and monitoring.
• Provide Level 1 support on EMC provided products and services as needed including VSAT antenna systems and related equipment.
• Provide Level 1 support for any issues in graphs and reporting related to shiptracker, satmanage and solarwinds.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience required.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and general network theory desired.
• Knowledge of VSAT and general RF theory required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in RF, VSAT and iDirect NMS (iMonitor and iBuilder and iSite)
• Ability to work well with other departments.
• Ability to work independently under general guidance and deliver results.
• Ability to work under pressure with aggressive deadlines.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.