Global Eagle EntertainmentDubai, DU
Full Time Job
Media Assistant | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The Media Assistant would be responsible for ensuring the highest quality output of all Arabic products for GEEs customers. The role would involve Editing of video content (TV & Movies) against stringent editorial guidelines, selecting and building Arabic Audio Programmes and CD catalogues and metadata writing.
Part of your role will communicating with all stakeholders involved in delivering the airlines cycle. You will be the driver for ensuring “customer satisfaction” is exceeded with relation to accuracy of Arabic products by making sure all products are delivered on time and to the highest possible standard.
More specifically, the job entails to:
• Editing Video Content as per airlines strict requirements. A grasp of Saudi cultural sensitivities would be advantageous
• Compiling promotional and other related information videos
• Selection of Arabic audio content as per airlines requirements. A knowledge of Arabic audio and popular culture across genres is required
• Compilation of Broadcast audio shows
• Writing of Arabic synopsis and other related Arabic data
Qualifications / Experience
• Sound understanding of Arab cultures and sensitivities across regions
• Work as part of a team
• Excellent organizational and multi tasking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Extremely detail orientated
• Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc
• Motivated, goal orientated, persistent and a skilled negotiator)
• Understand client objectives and requirements.
• Manage a variety of accounts whilst delivering an excellent service.
• Able to deliver to strict deadlines; capable of working successfully under pressure. Negotiation skills.
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
• Recognise and proactively overcome challenges.
• Working knowledge of video editing software (FCP, Adobe Premiere.).
• Working knowledge of Audio editing software (Adobe Audition, Soundtrack).
• Reports to the Creative Producer. This position also interfaces with key personnel in the Dubai office and globally within GEE, its peer organizations and their shared Client base.
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Be cognizant of the Customer’s environment when working with team members to resolve issues
• Work to maintain an open dialogue with Customers in both positive and negative situations
• Establish goals and measures to monitor and achieve Customer satisfaction
• Provide resources that are needed to meet Customer expectations
• Be proactive in developing and facilitating partnership relationships with key Customers
• Maintain a positive atmosphere that encourages cooperation with other individuals, teams, and leaders
• Identify and eliminate barriers that inhibit teamwork
• Work with the team in establishing obtainable goals
• Know and utilize strengths of the team
• Demonstrate effective facilitation and meeting skills and effectively resolve conflict
• Act in a way that shows dedication to the mission and goals of the team and the company
• Treat team members with dignity and respect
• Maintain confidentiality
• Follow through on commitments
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.