Junior Purchasing Specialist
Global Eagle EntertainmentBuenos Aries, DF
Full Time Job
Junior Purchasing Specialist | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The Sr. Purchasing Specialist will be a point person to assist in the procurement of materials and equipment following established purchasing procedures to process all purchase orders. The Sr. Purchasing Analyst will compile requests for materials, prepare purchase orders, keep track of purchases and supplies, and handle inquiries about orders making sure that what was purchased arrives on schedule and meets our requirements.
Describe the key responsibilities & role criteria. More specifically, the job entails:
• Prepare and/or review purchase requisitions/orders as required
• Source price quotations and prepare purchase requisitions/orders
• Process purchase requisitions/orders within purchasing authority
• Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
• Generate and/or review inventory reports
• Match purchase requisitions/orders with invoices and forward to accounts for payment processing
• Expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve material, value discrepancy, outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, warranty claims and damage, and return of materials.
• Vendor master management.
• Assists with other logistics tasks as required.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Two years of previous supply chain work-related skill
• Knowledge and/or experience specifically in purchasing
• Wide knowledge of inventory tracking & control (Physical inventories, Fixed assets, Min-Max, etc.)
• Extensive accounting and financial understanding (Cost of Sales, Fixed assets, Invoicing, Purchasing)
• Must be very detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent English/Spanish
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.