HR Business Partner
Global Eagle EntertainmentMiramar, FL
Full Time Job
HR Business Partner| Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The HRBP will work with their client groups based on location but also on projects across the group. The HRBP will be responsible for proactively delivering support to employees and managers, in a customer orientated way. In addition to providing guidance to your internal clients in fields such as talent management, employee relations, people metrics, training & development, and legal compliance, you will also implement strategic initiatives in conjunction with the Strategic HRBP & Org Development. The HRBP must understand the business beyond the HR function in order to provide HR services that support the success of the business.
• Works closely with management in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resources, organizational and employee development at the local level.
• Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of people issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach.
• Works with hiring manager to document requirements of job openings, attend interviews and agree compensation packages.
• Works with the HR Coordinators to ensure employees are on and off boarded in a seamless and professional manner.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Ensure compliance with local regulations and support managers & employees with the management of leave
• Work closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Assist employees with expatriate assignments and relocation related matters.
• Create individual development plans in conjunction with line managers.
• Evaluate and monitor the success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
• BA degree or equivalent required in Business Administration, Human Resources or a social science; MBA in Human Resources preferred
• Professional accreditation i.e. SHRM, CIPD or other country specific professional body
• 5-8 yrs practical HR experience
• Prior experience navigating in a multi divisional matrix company structure
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, evaluate people, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• System experience – HRIS (Oracle and Taleo desirable but not essential)
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast paced, multi-tasking, aggressive and dynamic organization along with significant influence/negotiation skills
• Must have outstanding interpersonal, influence and communication skills, both verbal and written
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.