GSA Operator I - IP
Global Eagle EntertainmentParana, ER
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2016 2:07:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for GSA Operator I - IP jobs in Parana-ER
Search all GSA Operator I - IP postings
Full Time Job
GSA Operator I - IP | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
Global Eagle Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENT) is the leading satellite-based provider of connectivity and media for fast-growing mobility markets across air, land and sea. The company provides the industry’s most comprehensive and advanced global product and services platform to organizations and people on the move.
GEE’s customers include commercial airlines, business jets, cruise and ferry lines, yachts, and commercial shippers. In addition, it provides products and services for the world’s most remote land-based natural resource energy operations, governments, non-governmental organizations, and mobile network operators. Supported by best-in-class and proprietary technologies, GEE offers a fully integrated suite of solutions for connectivity and content, including Wi-Fi, on-demand video, multi-platform and multi-format entertainment content, interactive software, portable In Flight Entertainment solutions, content management services, ecommerce solutions, original content development, voice, cellular and 3G/LTE services, and mission-critical communications
Describe the key responsibilities & role criteria. More specifically, the job entails:
• Provide Level 1 support for all EMC provided products and services.
• Provide customer support for all reported problems either remotely or via different form of media (Chat, e-mail, phone) for all EMC customers.
• Generate, update, close, and escalate tickets for all reported problems by using Incident Management System.
• Proactive monitoring of EMC sites and investigate reason for outage in order to take action based on customer expectation.
• Execute recommendations for routine network load balancing.
• Able to review technical documents and apply self-knowledge in order to troubleshoot and resolve RF and IP components of telecommunication systems using specialized software and test equipment to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
• Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network or site efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services.
• Follow published standard operating procedures.
• Generate or publish reports for technical assignments.
• Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
• Two–three years of customer IT support experience.
• Once hired, 1 to 3 months of on the job training.
• Basics of RF (Satellite/Microwave) communications
• Medium to High knowledge of IP Networking. CISCO experience preferred. CCNA desired.
• Familiar with any CRM software
• Excellent English both written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage.
• Problem solving skills
• Communications skills
• Client relations management
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.