Financial Planning & Analysis, Lead
Global Eagle EntertainmentMarina Del Rey, CA
Full Time Job
Lead Financial Planning & Analysis | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The FP&A leader will be the lead for several business units of GEE. Responsibilities will include preparing budgets and forecasts for these business units to submit to corporate; hold regular meetings with managers to review budget vs actuals, update forecast, and recommend action items to mitigate variance from budget. Prepare internal financial reports and perform ad hoc analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead, manage, and develop the Corporate FP&A function
• Lead the annual process in planning and monthly / quarterly forecasting of performance against plan.
• Partner with VPs, Directors and other senior leaders to provide financial recommendations. The ideal candidate has the ability to identify issues, perform analysis, and present to senior executives.
• Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis for strategic and operational decisions as required.
• Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans
• Manage the preparation of monthly and quarterly budget versus actual analyses and management reporting
• Model, analyze and forecast metrics that drive budgeting, forecasting and business decisions. An ideal candidate will have experience in optimizing finance processes for speed, agility and insight
• Work closely with Financial Reporting Manager and accounting group to ensure appropriate reporting on US GAAP basis
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA, CFA, CPA, or CMA is preferred.
• 5 years FP&A experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, working with data warehouses or enterprise systems, and various accounting, reporting and FPA systems – Oracle & Hyperion strongly preferred.
• Basic Knowledge of Accounting Principles a requirement
• FP&A experience at a public company preferred
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Demonstrated aptitude to think strategically and advise senior business managers on a broad set of decisions.
• Extensive financial planning and analysis skills, familiarity with financial accounting concepts and attention to detail.
• Strong leadership and decision making skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
• Skills need: proficient in excel (pivot tables, sum ifs formulas, working through large amounts of data), basic understanding of accounting, flexible in hours
• Ability to follow directions and multitask
• Strong interpersonal skills
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.