Global Eagle EntertainmentSharjah, SH
Full Time Job
Field Engineer (Ivory Coast, Africa)
The Field Engineer is responsible for providing onsite technical support for the purpose of the installation, repair and maintenance of terrestrial systems and satellite earth stations/VSAT/ESV terminals in both fixed and stabilized environments at customer locations located anywhere in the world.
Describe the key responsibilities & role criteria. More specifically, the job entails:
• Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore operability in least time possible and most cost effective manner.
• Analyze the results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
• Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services.
• Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUC’s, LNB’s, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management.
• Interpret technical drawings, service orders, circuit diagrams, part lists and schematics to effectively understand and troubleshoot customer issues.
• Understand/Manipulate test equipment and tools required to diagnose VSAT systems including but not limited to; spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, data testers, hand tools, etc.
• Complete detailed written corrective maintenance, site survey and preventative maintenance reports that are clear and grammatically correct in English upon completion of service activity.
• Maintain tools, test equipment and manage spares inventory as required.
• Maintain the proper up-to-date documents in order to travel on short notice.
• Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience
• One-Two years of field experience installing and troubleshooting maritime VSAT/ESV systems (knowledge of Seatel and Intellian products preferred).
• Once hired, 2 months of on the job training
• Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs
• Be able to pass basic medical fitness test.
Problem solving skills
• Communications skills
• Client relations management
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.