Enterprise Web Developer
Global Eagle EntertainmentMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Thanks to its DTI Software subsidiary, the world leader in IFE products, the best brands in casual gaming are available on planes. DTI specializes in developing and integrating cutting-edge entertainment software. It commands more than 90% of the global market in in-flight games and supplies popular game licensing to the majority of the world’s airlines. DTI holds exclusive licenses for the most sought-after brands, delivering an unmatched entertainment experience airline passengers can enjoy from the comfort of their seats.
The Web Developer will be responsible for completing his/her tasks within the framework of ongoing development and operation of a web-based catalog and delivery management application. The website is used by account managers all over the world to track and process orders by airline companies, and also by the accounting department for invoicing.
The software front-end is developed using the Angular JS framework which communicates with a C# .NET Web API server connected to a MySQL database. The product is developed using the Agile Scrum methodology, releasing every few weeks, and its issues are tracked with JIRA.
More specifically, the web developer will be required to:
Analyze project specifications
• Identify and document Web application requirements.
• Identify and document interactions with application logic modules.
• Determine tasks to be carried out.
• Estimate development time.
Develop the Web application
• Implement new features and unit tests for the web application front-end and back-end.
• Conduct developer-level quality assurance and debugging.
• Collaborate with parties involved throughout the project.
• Keep abreast with new Web technologies and frameworks.
• College or university diploma related to computer science;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Web development;
• Experience in C#.NET Web API development;
• Experience in AngularJS;
• Knowledge of MySQL and SQL query building;
• Experience with Scrum development is an asset;
• Experience with test-driven development is an asset;
• Experience with Continuous Integration and QuickBuild is an asset;
• Experience with Android mobile application development is an asset.
• Bilingual (English and French) spoken and written.
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Open minded and flexible on mandate.
• Willingness to learn.
• A good team spirit and focus on sharing knowledge.
• Communication skills.
• Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.