Director, New Business
Global Eagle EntertainmentMiramar, FL
This was removed by the employer on 5/15/2017 5:07:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Director, New Business jobs in Miramar-FL
Search all Director, New Business postings
Full Time Job
Director, New Business (Cruise Ships & Ferries)
Sales Director, New Business Cruise & Ferry – US is responsible for achieving the company growth ambitions and targets for new business in the US for the Cruise & Ferry markets. Together with BU President (SVP Yachts, Cruise & Ferry) provide direction, leadership, planning, execution, follow up and reporting of all sales activities in the US Cruise & Ferry region. The Sales Director will have individual sales targets and create and engage virtual teams from across our organization to ensure successful closing of the sales opportunities, delivery and handover to operations and account development teams. Collaborate with other senior management team members in new product development and the contracting of technical services, Satellite Network products and services. Has a clear understanding of Satellite, content, connectivity, mobility, and wireless technologies as they apply to customer applications and profitable business models for our customers.
• Plan, implement and execute new business sales strategy for US Cruise & Ferry markets.
• Meet targets for new business revenue generation.
• Driving the sales process from identification of leads and opportunities to successfully signed contracts.
• Acurate sales forecasting and pipeline management across product and service lines.
• Secure new contracts and maintain “good standing” with existing agreements
• Explore new markets for the Cruise & Ferry division.
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
• Represent company at key industry events and trade shows
• Provides reports on changes and innovation in the cruise and ferry market.
• Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other related responsibilities as may be assigned.
• Provides day-to-day service as required.
• Provides input to resolve customer problems and issues.
• Identifies new business opportunities.
• Provides regular updates of progress in sales pipeline.
• Any other related duties/projects as may be assigned.
• BA or BS in Business, Marketing or other related disciplines or equivalent experience.
• 10-15 years’ telecommunication or other technology high complexity solution sales experience preferable.
Strategic Consultative Sales Skills, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, High Energy Level, Negotiation Skills, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Creativity, Sales Planning, Independence, Motivation for Sales.
• Strong communication and IT fluency
• Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
• Developing trust and establishing position as trusted advisor
• In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
• The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Socially adept
• Good with numbers
• Excellent time management and organisation
• Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
• Ability to work independently, self driven and motivated
• Ability to work under pressure with aggressive deadlines
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.