Director, Business Operations
Global Eagle EntertainmentHong Kong, HK
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2016 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Director, Business Operations jobs in Hong Kong-HK
Search all Director, Business Operations postings
Full Time Job
Some international travel may be required
Director – Business Operation| Emphasis Video Entertainment/Content
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. is the leading full service platform offering both content and connectivity for the worldwide airline industry. Through its combined content, distribution and technology platforms, Global Eagle provides airlines and the millions of travelers they serve with the industry’s most complete offering of in-flight video content, e-commerce and information services. Through its Hong Kong based subsidiary, Emphasis Video Entertainment Limited, to supply Asian language film and short feature programming to airlines worldwide.
Report to and working with the Managing Director, the Business Operation Director is responsible for leading 3 functional teams, Post Production Team, Marketing and Business Development. Oversee Post Production workflow to ensure smooth working procedure and exercise cost control in the best interest of the company. Leading the marketing team and provide best support to the Sales Team for marketing of Emphasis products. And leading the business development team to explore all kinds of new opportunities for the business unit and provide implementable business plan.
More specifically, the person will be required to:
1. Post Production
• Oversees all post production operations.
• Plan, develop and enforce standard operating procedures for the range of post-production operations and activities with the objective of delivering and enabling a smooth operation with high quality production output in the most cost-effective and time efficient manner
• Maximize the use of the existing Edit Suite capacities and identify opportunities for expanded production capacity and new business opportunities.
• Set direction and develop business, pricing and operation strategies for the post-production line of business, with a timely provision of information to identify resources and manpower requirements
• Representation of the company to attend external meetings including client, vendors and industry related conferences.
• Scrutinize testing on new hardware and software technology on a regular basis
• Assist Managing Director to oversee internal marketing operations including Company’s advertising and marketing activities and participation in APEX Expo and regional events
• Marketing - oversee design and production of marketing collateral and promotional materials
• Create marketing directions for the company with the purpose to jet up sales for all Emphasis products.
• In depth market analysis on competitors offerings and implement monthly marketing strategies to stand out Emphasis product in the market.
3. Business Development
• Assist MD to oversee the business development unit
• Identify new business opportunities apart from the existing IFE business.
• In depth research on all media’s consumption (e.g. OTT, VOD) in the Asian region and look into the possibility of riding on the existing licensing business model in the company and develop implementable business plan for further development.
• University graduate with minimum 10 years of experience in Media industry on related field. At least 5 years in senior position.
• Sound knowledge of Asian TV / film content and media development of the region.
• Resourceful background on media operations, media sales, media research, production in the region.
• Proven success in setting up/operating new media in the Asian region.
• Outstanding command of written and spoken English and Chinese, Putonghua or other Asian languages an advantage
• Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Chinese word processing a must
• Traveling overseas a must
Interests and generic skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Diligent, able to work independently, well-organized, and meticulous
(For internal use only. Do not use for hiring purpose.)