Digital & Analog Quality Control Specialist
Global Eagle EntertainmentIrvine, CA
Full Time Job
DIGITAL/ANALOG Quality Control Specialist| Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The GEE QC team is responsible for the Quality Control of both file based and tape based content, both standard and high definition, using various tape machines, waveform monitors, vector scopes, audio meters and various playback programs as necessary. The material will be evaluated for technical quality, standards and practices, specifications and content.
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, and audio for analog and digital based media
• Perform a 3 point check on files/tapes (Beginning/Middle/End)
• Log all quality assurance testing results
• Document failed tapes/files and process accordingly to fix QC failures.
• Prioritize work based on delivery dates and Supervisor instruction. Monitor incoming emails and facilitate requests as per Supervisor instructions.
• Attend QC department meetings and follow all procedures as assigned.
• Other duties as required
• Experience in a lab setting desirable with a fundamental understanding of audio and video, and familiar with various video codecs
• Individual must be organized, diligent, and detail-oriented
• High amount of initiative in problem solving
• Basic understanding of compression and compression software
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.)
• Flexibility to work extended hours, nights, and weekends to meet project deadlines
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others
• Strategic thinking
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.