Content Program Manager
Global Eagle EntertainmentIrvine, CA
Full Time Job
Content Program Manager | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The objective of this role is to help define and create the future of the ‘connected customer experience’ for our airline Clients and GEE. This is the experience that a customer has from the moment they engage with the airline, at the airport, on the flight and after the flight and how this is delivered in a connected, holistic experience, utilising the latest consumer technology and innovation.
You will be on a constant learning curve from the airline and our global entertainment company, absorbing the latest trends and possibilities within this fast changing industry and utilising your experience and knowledge of consumer technology and innovation, marrying the two together to create the ‘Connected Customer Experience’
To provide high quality creative movie and TV programming (Hollywood and International) to GEE’s client base in an effective manner. Ensure content is suitable for specific client needs, is accurate, in line with financial expectations and GEE’s global strategy.
More specifically, the job entails :
• Analyzing and research programming options, liaise with distributors to gather data about new movies and TV programs available for licensing to clients
• Screening programming options, creating edit notes and discussing these with colleagues and the client.
• Prepare programming charts for recommendations to clients continually enhancing the creative and quality of programming
• Develop and maintain close customer relations, negotiate and influence their content choices to maximize margins
• Obtain and analyze forecast and actual flight data from the client
• Monitor billing for accuracy and compliance with contracts.
• Identify strategies for deal structures and liaise with ops finance
• Occasionally negotiate competitive license fees
• Execute a quality control function on purchase orders
• Develop additional revenues out of the existing customer base with new programming and the promotion of other GEE services
• Assist in the evaluation of trends and establish goals consistent with industry growth
• Provide programming expertise to the sales support and account management functions for proposal and tender generation.
Ability to consistently deliver work of high quality against tight deadlines as well as attention to detail is considered an important attribute for people performing this role. Good communication skills and in depth knowledge and passion in Movies, TV and social media are essential.
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Negotiation, communication and customer service skills
• Administrative skills including writing and proofreading
• Working knowledge of digital content and technology savvy
• Account Management
• Planning and Organizing
• Financial Budgeting
• Working experience in Middle Eastern or Asian cultures preferred
• Foreign languages spoken a plus
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.